Every relationship is different, but all couples struggle with connecting and communicating at times. I provide couples therapy and services in the following ways:
- Hold Me Tight Relationship Enhancement Workshops
- Couples Retreats
- Couples Coaching
- Traditional Ongoing Weekly/Bi-weekly Sessions
If you are on this page, you are probably considering traditional couples therapy. Nonetheless, I strongly encourage you to consider my Relationship Enhancement Workshops. I consistently see them as the quickest and most cost effective solution for improving your relationship.
Who it’s for? Couples of all ages, cultures, genders and orientations who want to improve the quality of communication and connection in their relationships.
These Workshops are ideal for couples:
- with busy schedules
- wanting to see change quickly
- who are hurting so badly, this is ‘a last resort’
- needing a cost-effective option to traditional weekly sessions or Couples Retreats
I help you with:
- Hearing/understanding each other’s perspective better so you can communicate from a place of compassion, not anger
- Identifying the pattern you two engage in when you fight
- Recognizing raw spots that may cause a loss of connection
- Communicating in ways to avoid triggering defenses
- Learning how to apologize so that your partner can forgive past hurts
- Sharing your most vulnerable feelings, knowing your partner is receptive to hearing them
Who it’s for? Couples wanting individualized time and attention to work on their relationship in an intensive format. We all know relationships take work, but we often don’t know how to make things better and we struggle to find the time for deep conversations, let alone therapy. A Couples Retreat could be what you need.
Couples Retreats are designed for couples:
- Ready to work on their relationship but struggling with scheduling
- Longing for a deeper connection but not sure what to do
- Worried their relationship can’t wait until the next Workshop
- Feeling uncomfortable about attending a Workshop
- Requiring privacy due to being ‘known’ in the community
- Wanting complete attention on you and your relationship
Who it’s for? This is an exclusive service I offer only to people who have gone through a Workshop or Couples Retreat with me. Coaching sessions are online through a secure video format. They are short (30-minutes), topic-focused, and cost-effective.
Couples Coaching is ideal for couples who:
- Attended a Workshop or Couples Retreat led by me
- Live out of the area and require online video sessions
- Seek supervised practice to reinforce skills learned
- Require intermittent support rather than ongoing therapy
Traditional Weekly/Bi-weekly Sessions
Who it’s for? You struggle with ongoing Communication Issues. It’s like ‘Groundhog Day’. You have the same conflict, just a different topic, different day.
Traditional Sessions are for couples who:
- Want more support after a Workshop or Retreat
- Feel stuck in their communication
- Experienced significant damage to their relationship, such as an affair
- Want consistent and ongoing treatment to improve their relationship
“Hold Me Tight®” is a registered trademark to Sue Johnson