Originally from the Northwest, I have traveled and lived abroad extensively. Due to that, I am extremely comfortable with cultural, language, spiritual, and ethnic differences. Additionally, I have experience in working with varied sexual orientations and same-sex relationships. I respect the effort it takes to engage in therapy and treat my clients with the utmost respect for their values and privacy.
“Every time I leave the office I know that Bri has listened to me, not through me. She takes the time to truly understand, offer clarity and options.” — Kristen
what makes me different
I genuinely love and am skilled at what I do. This comes through in my being fully-present, my compassion for your pain, my playfulness of spirit, my creation of a nurturing space, and my positive energy when we are together.
When I am with a client, I am truly in-tune. I am skilled at sensing the unspoken emotions in people and gently acknowledging the difficulties we often try to avoid.
“Bri has been a life-saver for our family. Her compassion, thoughtfulness, and gentle approach to treatment has given our daughter the ability to thrive. Because of the amazing care we have received from Bri, our daughter is happy, confident and able to live life to the fullest.” — Mark & Michele
who i work with
Relationships impact every single one of us. Whether we are grieving a lost relationship, celebrating a relationship through marriage, struggling to end a relationship, or longing for a better relationship, we are touched daily by our connections with others.
As a relationship specialist, I work with individuals and couples navigating the joys, sorrows, and complexities of human connections.
how I work
As a therapist, I am actively involved in our sessions through questioning, listening, and responding. I am NOT one of those “hmmm….uh huh…..interesting” therapists who lets you do all the talking without my engaging.
“I have talked to Bri about a myriad of topics and challenges in my lived experiences, and she treated each one with a unique approach, treatment, and guidance to help me find the answers and solutions within myself. She not only hears what I say but she truly listens so each session is thought-provoking and builds off of previous conversations.” — Jenn
I know you are trusting I will give you the best treatment possible. Due to that, I constantly work at improving my skills and only use treatment methods proven to be successful. The three methods I use most frequently are:
- Positive Psychology – Improving your well-being and happiness through creating positive changes, such as incorporating meditation, compassion, gratitude, and mindfulness into our work.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) – Addressing your current and past difficulties by reprocessing your negative beliefs and emotions with more helpful ones.
- EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) – Focusing on the emotional connections between people and the distress when we lose those connections; and improving communication for better and more satisfying relationships.
Our work together may be very structured at times as we problem-solve, practice new skills, and analyze your concerns; other times it will be less structured as we discuss your experiences and reflect on perceptions. Because our work is tailored to your specific needs, it will be different than the therapy anyone else experiences.
what i think
People seek therapy for a variety of reasons: to gain skills, strategize with a neutral person, understand oneself better, or resolve past painful experiences. As people, we often have the answers to our own struggles/experiences, but are not able to identify that answer, or we doubt our own wisdom. As a therapist, I perceive my role to include being both a guide and educator, helping you follow your path to your own understanding.
my educational background
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work from Smith College, Northampton, MA
- Trained at Yale Child Study Center, New Haven, CT
- Certified in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Advanced training in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)
- Advanced training in EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- Advanced training in Positive Psychology
- Trained in Mindfulness
- Trained in CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)